Hi Ben,

This would certainly be very interesting!  FWIW, I missed something like
that before as well.

On 23 Mar 2010 02:44, "Benjamin Reed" <br...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

let me put out an idea that we have kicked around for a while: ephemeral
containers. the idea is that the znode disappears if it doesn't have
children. you would create the znode with create("/path", data, acl,
EPHEMERAL_CONTAINER) this would result in the creation two znodes: /path and
/path/child. (we have to create it with a child otherwise it immediately

i think this mechanism would address your need in a way that is easy to
implement and use. it would also allow you to do a cool barrier