Hello all,

As Henry Robinson first introduced me, my name is Abmar Barros and I am one
of the GSoC accepted students for ZooKeeper.
In the next 4 months, I will be being mentored by Flavio Junqueira in order
to improve ZooKeeper's failure detector module. In this project I will
abstract the failure detection code to a separate module, in order to make
the code cleaner and to ease the implementation of new methods. Also, I will
implement several failure detectors and I will compare their appropriateness
for ZooKeeper.

I have created a page (
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/GSoCFailureDetector) for this
project in the ZooKeeper wiki and also there is a related JIRA issue (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-702).

Suggestions and specific requirements are always welcome :)

Best regards

--
Abmar Barros
MSc candidate on Computer Science at Federal University of Campina Grande -