Thomas, are you attending the summit? There are a number of contributor workshops the day after, all at (or around) the same location. If you feel strongly about this consider attending them, seems like great opportunity for a "key signing party".
http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-Contributors/calendar/13771414/
http://www.meetup.com/Hadoop-Contributors/calendar/13750403/
http://www.meetup.com/hbaseusergroup/calendar/13562846/
etc...