Hey Andrei,

> I was just re-reading part of the ZooKeeper documentation and I was
> trying to understand why ephemeral znodes should not have children
> znodes. Adding this feature, while maintaining an important
> restriction, could be really useful.

Indeed.  There was some discussion about this idea in this mailing
list a few months ago, and the conclusion IIRC is that it is indeed an
interesting feature, and there's an approach which is apparently
feasible too without too much trouble, but no one is taking care of
the idea right now.   It'd be good to find someone that is interested
in trying it out (hint hint).

Gustavo Niemeyer