I got permission from Patrick to try to make the java client netty
introduction a little bit nicer. I could need a little help now at one point.
Please have a look at

The classes ClientCnxnSocketNIO and ClientCnxnSocketNetty are used by
ClientCnxn.SendThread. Both have a method xyz() now, where I've moved some
lines of code that were different in the run() loop of both implementations.

If you could help me to move the logic from xyz() back in the run() method
with fitting calls to the socket() class, then I might be done. I'm a bit
puzzled because in NIO there's first a selector.select(to) and then
doWrites(), while in Netty there's first doWrites() and then

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro