I found that I needed to run the server with

-J-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=localhost

in order to connect a local jconsole instance, this was on my ubuntu machine. YMMV.

Patrick

Mahadev Konar wrote:
Hi Garth,
 Sorry for the delayed response.

Their is an open jira for doucmentation on jmx
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-177.

We will be adding the docs soon.

For now: The way you can get jmx support is by running

ManagedQuorumPeerMain rather than QuorumPeerMain

Here is an example commandline:

java -classpath zookeeper/conf:zookeeper/log4j-1.2.15.jar:zookeeper/zookeeper.jar
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.ManagedQuorumPeerMain server1/zoo.cfg

mahadev