Good scenario. As Mahadev points out quorum and HA are slightly
different animals. If I am correct, the Quorum also has the correctness
attribute, which needs more than one server - the 2n+1 requirement.

        Looks like what you are looking for is the traditional HA
primitive with an active-active configuration. You might still be able
to use Zookeeper, with leader election and state management, but you
will need at least 3 processes - (at least)one Zookeeper, two server

P.S : May be we should capture this pattern in ZooKeeper. (May be we
already have, as I am coming up to speed)