I'm not observing this behavior... if I shutdown the zookeeper server my
client doesn't reconnect and I get a disconnect event followed by eventual
session expiration.

Which is not the behavior I want :)

"Clients connect to a single ZooKeeper server. The client maintains a TCP
connection through which it sends requests, gets responses, gets watch
events, and sends heart beats. If the TCP connection to the server breaks,
the client will connect to a different server."

> I don't see this documented anywhere.
> I setup 5 zk servers.... if I connect to host1 and am performing some
> action like watching for file updates, and host1 fails, I *should* be able
> to connect to hosts2-5 just fine.
> But the ZooKeeper object doesn't do this for me....
> What's the correct behavior here?
> Kevin
Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA