We have a "see also" in the shorter constructor over to this which has the detail:
We should copy/paste the docs instead to make it more clear.

We don't currently talk about this in the main documentation (prog guide) which is a mistake, I've entered a jira for this:

Thomas Vinod Johnson wrote:
Kevin Burton wrote:
The ZooKeeper constructor only takes a host and port... not a list of
The second constructor documents the host parameter as follows:
@param host comma separated host:port pairs, each corresponding to a zk server. eg. ",,"
I assumed you communicated with on server by default, and that server then
passed you the list of all known servers.

Am I missing something?