HI Kevin,
 We have a single threaded c client in which the application needs to call
the zookeeper_process to process the events. What we noticed is that all the
users who are using it, have problems using it and would like to get rid of
it (only if they we not running on bsd).
So, the events being dispacthed by the event thread makes it easeir for the
users to use zookeeper. We do assume that they do minimum work in the
process method. We sould probably document this (if its not yet)... The huge
backlog is a problem for the clients and they should be aware that doing any
complex operations in the process method is asking for trouble.

Hope this helps.

mahadev