Knowing about a disconnection may be important to some apps.  For
example if an app uses ZK for leader election, and the leader gets
disconnected from ZK, he should give up being the leader, since a
different leader may get elected while he is disconnected from ZK.

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com