I like this idea.... though if that URL vanishes you can't connect to ZK.
The bootstrap problem is hard.

Another issue is adding more ensembles without reconfiguring all clients.

It might be nice to connect to a 'profile' and have the client persist hosts
in that profile.

This way you can new machines (ZK servers) to the profile, wait for all ZK
nodes to DL the new profile, then safely shutdown the old machines.

The local ZK nodes would need some type of local persistent storage though.

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Using a string gives us some flexibility. There is an outstanding issue to
> be able to pass in a URL: http://aeoueu/oeueue, the idea being that we
> pull down the content to get the list of servers and ports.

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA
AIM/YIM: sfburtonator
Skype: burtonator