That is a good point. you could put a child znode of queue-X that contains the
processing history. Like who tried to process and what time they started.

ben

From: Hiram Chirino [chir...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 8:48 AM
To: zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Distributed queue: how to ensure no lost items?

At least once is generally the case in queuing systems unless you can
do a distributed transaction with your consumer.  What comes in handy
in an at least once case, is letting the consumer know that a message
may have 'potentially' already been processed.  That way he can double
check first before he goes off and processes the message again.  But
adding that info in ZK might be more expensive that doing the double
check every time in consumer anyways.

--
Regards,
Hiram