Re: ZOOKEEPER-80:

(I'm waiting for my password reset to the ASF JIRA so I thought I'd
comment here in the mean time...)

Maven has a nice directory layout structure that takes into account
multiple languages, e.g., src/main/java, src/main/c, etc.

I really dislike the terms recipes and contrib for a collection of
high-level implementations that people will rely upon. Recipes don't
sound like code, they sound like documentation to me. Do you ever
really use contrib code directly in your programs? Usually one copies
it and modifies it, like the classic petstore web app, rather than
linking directly against it. I think if there are going to be
implementations of the recipes then these should have a name, rather
than being pushed into some contrib bucket that gives the impression
that it's take-it-or-leave-it code.

Something like zookeeper-commons or ...?

.. Adam