Thanks for the link to the documentation. I've been running tests with
a 5 second session timeout and disconnect events appear frequent. The
network they're operating on is generally quite, but the disconnects
to correlate with an increase in activity (e.g. loading data into the
system).

Does this seem normal to you or does it imply a potential
configuration problem on my network?

On a related topic, I was reading the 3.1 client source code,
particularly the reconnect source, and noticed that the client sleeps
for up to 1 second before trying to reconnect. This seems excessive
and with a 5 second session timeout leads to more frequent session
expirations. Almost every time it sleeps for more than about 800 ms, a
disconnect is followed by an expiration.

Is this a bug, or desirable behavior?

Thanks,

-Joey