We're thinking about using Zookeeper as our coordination service and
also for doing group membership in the Amazon Cloud.  Currently our
applications are deployed in Amazon Cloud on multiple availability
zones (i.e. data centers), so this means that ZK nodes will be talking
across datacenters.  I'm assuming that the additional latency from
going across datacenters shouldn't be too big of an issue.  Also, we
are paranoid about security in the cloud, so we'd like to use https as
the communications protocol for Zookeeper -- not sure if this is a
trivial thing to do or not.   Wondering if anyone's already doing this
today or whether Zookeeper is not the right solution given our
environment currently.

Thanks
Greg