You can do this today by propagating a new configuration to the new and old servers and then restarting them. the bounce should take around a second and to the clients it should look like a server failure and then a reconnect. you shouldn't lose any sessions and everything should just recover.

we do have an open issue to do this more on the fly without having to do the bounce, but it is behind other priorities in the work queue.

Chad Harrington wrote:
We are investigating Ensemble and a key question came up: How does one add a
server to a running ensemble of Zookeeper servers in a 24/7 environment?  If
I have a 3-server ensemble and traffic grows to the point where I need
another 2 servers, how do I add them without shutting everything down and

Thanks for your help,

Chad Harrington
DataScaler, Inc.
201A Ravendale Dr.