When I first discovered Zookeeper last year, it was all about the low-level file-system semantics, and letting the client use it with several knowns recipes (design patterns, algorithms, etc).

And I remember it mentioning that some people within Yahoo were working on a nice client-side library to expose those recipes in a cleaner more reliable way.

I was wondering, has any been able to create a client-side library that exposes Zookeeper as a simple java.util.concurrent.locks interfaces? (Lock, ReadWriteLock)??