Hi Raghu,
 You are right that the cluster configuration is a static one. To deal with
this problem, we usually suggest that you change your configs for every
server and then re hup all of them at the same time (almost the same time I
mean). The clients would lose connections to the servers but will reconnect
and should regain their old sessions.

Also, their is an open jira on this: