We have been using EC2 as a substrate for our search cluster with zookeeper
as our coordination layer and have been seeing some strange problems.

These problems seem to manifest around getting lots of anomalous disconnects
and session expirations even though we have the timeout values set to 2
seconds on the server side and 5 seconds on the client side.

Has anybody else been seeing this?

Is this related to clock jumps in a virtualized setting?

On a related note, what is best practice for handling session expiration?
Just deal with it as if it is a new start?