Hi Raghu and Ted,
 Theire is already an open jira on this --

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-107

You can go through the suggestions on it and can continue the discussion on
the jira. Please  feel free to add your ideas to the jira.

Also, I don't think anyone is working on it (to answer raghu's question).

mahadev