Agree. I developed on a windows box for about 9months w/o any windows specific issues being found. If someone were willing to do the work and take on responsibility for long term dev/test/support I don't see why we wouldn't add it.

ps - notice that the dev level use of windows currently requires cygwin

Mahadev Konar wrote:
Hi Marc,
 The only thing missing would be testing and support. We do most of our
testing on linux boxes and for the same reason its easy for us to support
the platforms that we use. We do not have access to windows boxes to test
and (therefore) support windows as a suggested production platform. Also,
the other reason is that currently we have a very few set of people who
contribute there time for development and support of Zookeeper and are more
conversant with linux than windows. It would be a stretch to expect them to
support windows as a production platform.

Hope this helps.