Hi David,
 There is a jira open to document this in our forrest docs -

Ill try and explain how to do in the email, feel free to respond with more
questions. The c and java api both have a call called add_auth/addAuth to
add authentication data for a client. Also, you can write pulgins at the
server side to verify this authentication. Take a look at files in

Also, you can add a new authentication to the server using java system

After adding the authdata using client addauth api's you can use the
CREATOR_ALL_ACL which means that all the auths that you added using add_auth
will be stored with a znode that you create and will be required to specify
if you want to access those znodes again.

This is a very short explanation, so please feel free to ask more questions
on it.