Hi Harold,
  Let me explain the whole concept of ZooKeeper Acls.

1) Zookeeper servers are run using some user id say X
2) zookeeper client use ZooKeeper client libaryr to create zookeeper nodes
on zookeeper servers. They could be running as user id C. They can provide
acl's to create such nodes for there accessability restrictions. These ACL's
have NOTHING to do with (user id X) or user id C. The access controls are
intependent of any user id the client is running with or the server is
running with
3) A user X can obviously create zookeeper database since he has access to
the local filesystem data that zookeeper is snapshots/txns into.

Hope this helps.

>>> Harold