Erik, that's correct. You always see the "current" information on the server, and as part of the request can ask for notification (one time trigger) of any subsequent change. This guarantees that you won't miss a change, but multiple changes may occur btw your calls to the get function.

Patrick

Erik Holstad wrote:
Hi Avinash!
I'm just a beginner so not really sure if I no how everything works, but
this is my understanding of
how watches work.
Setting a watch on node a from client c.
A change to a happens and a notification is sent over to c. The notification
doesn't include any data but just
tells the client that something has changed.
While the notification is being sent to c another change to a happens, no
notification is sent to c.
C fetches data/children from a and sees both of the updates to it and may or
may not set a new watch.

Hope it helped.

Regards Erik