I don't think this changed - we require cppunit to build the c libs. Perhaps you built on a different machine that had cppunit installed?

I have these installed:
libcppunit-1.12-1                               install
libcppunit-dev                                  install

Try commenting out lines 25-44 in configure.ac (the ones dealing with cppunit) and try again.

ps. we attempted to fix this (allow the user to compile w/o cppunit) but were never able to figure out the magic to get autotools to allow this. If anyone knows we'd appreciate a patch.

Leonard Cuff wrote:
I didn¹t have any problems running autoreconf, configure and make in
zookeeper 3.1.1, but having upgraded to 3.2.0 I am not having success
building the C libraries.
I see that there are a couple of JIRAs open in this area (jira-316 and
jira-469) but it¹s unclear to me what I can do about this. I plan to ask my
sysadmin to install the needed macros, but they are generally reluctant to
deviate from standard RedHat releases.

Any ideas?

$ autoreconf -if
aclocal:configure.ac:33: warning: macro `AM_PATH_CPPUNIT' not found in
aclocal:configure.ac:33: warning: macro `AM_PATH_CPPUNIT' not found in
configure.ac:33: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_CPPUNIT
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

 $ ./configure
checking for doxygen... no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for dot... no
checking for gawk... gawk
./configure: line 3880: syntax error near unexpected token `1.10.2'
./configure: line 3880: `   AM_PATH_CPPUNIT(1.10.2)'