Patrick / Mahadev,

Thanks for the heads-up!

Apparently I *am* receiving email from zookeeper-user but it is being
filtered out as spam. This just started happening, but I'll rectify on
my end.

I'm working thru Mahadev's response and will respond shortly (and search
for other postings, as well). Appologies for the cross post.

-Todd

authentication.getBytes());
> >         zoo.create("/some", new byte[0], acls,
CreateMode.PERSISTENT);
> >         zoo.setData("/some", new byte[0], -1);
> >     }
> >
> >     @Override
> >     public void process(WatchedEvent event) {
> >

> >     }
> > }
> >

> > And it worked on my set of zookeeper servers....
> >
> > And then
> > I tried
> >
> > Without auth
> >
> > Getdata("/some")
> >
> > Which correctly gave me the error:
> >

> > Exception in thread "main"
> > org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NoAuthException:
KeeperErrorCode =
> > NoAuth for /some
> >     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:104)
> >     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException.create(KeeperException.java:42)
> >     at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:892)
> >     at org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeper.getData(ZooKeeper.java:921)
> >     at

org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processZKCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:692)
> >     at
> org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.processCmd(ZooKeeperMain.java:579)
> >     at

org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.executeLine(ZooKeeperMain.java:351)
> >     at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.run(ZooKeeperMain.java:309)
> >     at
org.apache.zookeeper.ZooKeeperMain.main(ZooKeeperMain.java:268)

> > Is this what you are trying to do?
> >
> > Thanks
> > mahadev
> >

> > On 9/18/09 10:33 AM, "Todd Greenwood" <to...@audiencescience.com>
wrote:

> >> Appologies for cross posting, but I haven't received a response on
> this.
> >> Quite simply, could someone point me to a working
example/tutorial/docs
> >> that describe how to use digest ACLs in zookeeper 3.1.1? The docs
that
> >> have found (referenced below) have not clarified this for me.
> >>
> >> -Todd

Ids.CREATOR_ALL_ACL,

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.1.1/zookeeperProgrammers.html

commits/200807.mbox/%3c20080731201025.c62092388...@eris.apache.org%3e

Pt6EC&pg=PT404&lpg=PT404&dq=zookeeper+ACL+digest+%22new+Id%22&source=bl&
> >> ot

s=kObz0y8eFk&sig=VFCAsNW0mBJyZswoweJDI31iNlo&hl=en&ei=Z82ySojRFsqRlAeqxs
> >> yI

Dw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6#v=onepage&q=zookeeper%20ACL%20