Hey-

So I'm trying to run hbase on 4 nodes, and in order to do that I need to run
zookeeper in replicated mode (I could have hbase run the quorum for me, but
it's suggested that I don't).

I have an issue though.  For some reason the id I'm assigning each server in
the file "myid" in the assigned data directory is not getting read. I feel like
another id is being created and put somewhere else. Does anyone have any tips
on starting a zookeeper quorum? Do I create the myid file myself or do I edit
one once it is created by zookeeper?

This is what my  config looks like:
ticktime=2000
dataDir=/home/hadoop/zookeeper
clientPort=2181
initLimit=5
syncLimit=2
server.1=hadoop1:2888:3888

The name of my machine is hadoop1, with user name hadoop. In
/home/hadoop/zookeeper I've created a myid file with the number 1 in it.

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.