That should be the case since the server gets an exception reading from the
socket - meaning the client went away (not gracefully) and that leads the
server to expire the session in 30 seconds.

mahadev


On 11/20/09 4:35 PM, "Patrick Hunt" <ph...@apache.org> wrote:

> Oops too late. ;-)
> 
> I'm perplexed as to why you see all these expirations though. Are you
> killing your clients, ie not cleaning up the ZK session gracefully via
> close()?
> 
> Patrick
> 
> stack wrote:
>> Please disregard. Sorry for the noise (Patrick, of note, I am seeing this
>> session timeout on a cluster other than Zhenyus).
>> St.Ack
>> 
>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:24 PM, stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
>> 
>>> Sorry, I had a bad subject on the below question.
>>> St.Ack
>>> 
>>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 4:22 PM, stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Below an excerpt from a single node zk quorum that was at heart of a small
>>>> hbase cluster.  Unfortunately the log is not at DEBUG level (I've asked the
>>>> gentleman to up the log level meantime).  What it seems to be reporting is
>>>> that an exception while closing a session caused it to timeout all
>>>> connected
>>>> sessions.
>>>> 
>>>> Here is the line that mentions the exception on close of session.  There
>>>> is no stack trace:
>>>> 
>>>> 2009-11-20 03:41:04,766 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>>>> Exception causing close of session 0x124bc250d700790 due to
>>>> java.io.IOException: Read error
>>>> 
>>>> Is it correct that an error at this stage throws out all connected
>>>> sessions?
>>>> 
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> St.Ack
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:00:04,948 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>>>> Connected to /10.1.20.101:50716 lastZxid 0
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:00:04,982 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>>>> Creating new session 0x1250f26319f0016
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:00:05,051 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>>>> Finished init of 0x1250f26319f0016 valid:true
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:00:05,051 WARN
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor: Got exception when
>>>> processing sessionid:0x1250f26319f0016 type:create c
>>>> xid:0x1 zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown n/a
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NodeExistsException: KeeperErrorCode
>>>> = NodeExists
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.pRequest(PrepRequestProces
>>>> sor.java:245)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.run(PrepRequestProcessor.j
>>>> ava:114)
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:00:40,150 WARN
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor: Got exception when
>>>> processing sessionid:0x1250f26319f0016 type:create c
>>>> xid:0x4 zxid:0xfffffffffffffffe txntype:unknown n/a
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.KeeperException$NodeExistsException: KeeperErrorCode
>>>> = NodeExists
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.pRequest(PrepRequestProces
>>>> sor.java:245)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor.run(PrepRequestProcessor.j
>>>> ava:114)
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:00:50,428 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>>>> Exception causing close of session 0x1250f26319f0016 due to
>>>> java.io.IOExceptio
>>>> n: Read error
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:00:50,429 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>>>> closing session:0x1250f26319f0016 NIOServerCnxn:
>>>> java.nio.channels.SocketChann
>>>> el[connected local=/10.1.20.101:2181 remote=/10.1.20.101:50716]
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:01:22,002 INFO
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.SessionTrackerImpl: Expiring session
>>>> 0x1250f26319f0016
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:01:22,002 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer:
>>>> Expiring session 0x1250f26319f0016
>>>> 2009-11-20 00:01:22,002 INFO
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor: Processed session
>>>> termination request for id: 0x1250f26319f0016
>>>> 2009-11-20 03:41:04,766 WARN org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn:
>>>> Exception causing close of session 0x124bc250d700790 due to
>>>> java.io.IOExceptio
>>>> n: Read error
>>>> 2009-11-20 03:41:04,864 INFO
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.SessionTrackerImpl: Expiring session
>>>> 0x1250f26319f0000
>>>> 2009-11-20 03:41:04,927 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer:
>>>> Expiring session 0x1250f26319f0000
>>>> 2009-11-20 03:41:04,927 INFO
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.SessionTrackerImpl: Expiring session
>>>> 0x124bc250d7007a2
>>>> 2009-11-20 03:41:04,927 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer:
>>>> Expiring session 0x124bc250d7007a2
>>>> 2009-11-20 03:41:04,927 INFO
>>>> org.apache.zookeeper.server.SessionTrackerImpl: Expiring session
>>>> 0x124bc250d700794
>>>> 2009-11-20 03:41:04,927 INFO org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer:
>>>> Expiring session 0x124bc250d700794
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>> 

Reply via email to