I am coding away on yet another client interface, and I can live in a situation where I have no watchers. Callbacks into my interpreter are a bit risky as well, so I am opting for the legacy style now, wrapping the c interface in such a way that it never allows watchers on paths (and hence, callbacks).

My question is: "legacy style" watchers... legacy implies they'll go? I hope not, or if so, we can get the C watcherless (I am not sure how the C API would handle a void (empty char*) pointer for a callback). I like being able to set the boolean to false for legacy style watchers - it saves me a lot of trouble.