Config management and group membership are two of the simplest use cases for ZK, we don't have a "recipe" here as it's pretty basic (not that we couldn't/shouldn't)

The java example in our docs is pretty close, it sets a watch on a node and monitors for changes. This is the typical pattern for CM.

Tom White's excellent book on Hadoop does a great job covering ZooKeeper in chapter 13, it's available on safaribooks or for purchase if that works for you:

Ohad Ben Porat wrote:

I am a newbie to ZooKeeper and be happy if someone could link me to a
good example how ZooKeeper can be used for configuration management?