I would suggest adding it to the readme no? Modifying /etc files with sudo
access could be dangerous and we might mess up somethings. Would it be good
to add a print statement in the setup saying that you might need to do edit
/etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig in case of Fedora?
So the users would see the statement after running setup.py?