Hi Mekaraj, this has been addressed in the trunk:
it will be available in 3.3.0

You can do similar to this patch prior to 3.3.0 by creating your own subclass of ZooKeeper and accessing through the cnxn protected field (similar to how the 544 patch does it, but not as cleanly).

I'd encourage you to contribute back your work. We'd love to have a Kerberos auth plugin as part of the release.

Mekaraj, Prashant wrote:
Hi, I am using ZooKeeper 3.2.2 and trying to build a custom Kerberos
based authentication plugin for it. I have the plugin working
functionally, but I need one additional bit of information that I
don't see anywhere on the zookeeper API. To make a Kerberos
connection, the client needs to know the name of the server to set
the principal correctly. Since zookeeper randomly picks a server from
the set of servers passed to it, I was looking to see if there is a
method that would return the server name it actually connected to
after it fires the SyncConnected event.

Is there a way to get this information in the C or the Java API ?

Thanks -prashant

 NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy, and notify sender.
Sender does not intend to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of
this email is prohibited when received in error. We may monitor and
store emails to the extent permitted by applicable law.