There are 3 principal components to zookeeper: java server and client, c client. The c client is used in the perl/python bindings (available in the contrib directory).

The java code itself should run in any JVM 1.6 or later, however the docs/scripts and C code typically only run under unix or unix-like environments. This is why we recommend cygwin for windows.

Patrick

ps. someone has contributed windows batch files for running the server/client, but this is currently unreleased change - it's slated to be included in the upcoming 3.3.0 release. Obviously you could just run the jvm w/o the scripts, this is fine.

Jiro Iwamoto wrote:
thank you for replying,  Patric.

OK. And I have question. Is cygwin used in zookeeper?
I think that zookeeper is composed of only Java. Is it right?

thank you.