We have solr nodes create ephemeral znodes (name based on host and port).
The ephemeral znode takes some time to remove of course, so what
happens is that if I bounce a solr server (containing a zk client) the
ephemeral node will still exist when the server comes back up.  Since
it exists, the ephemeral won't be re-created, but it does disappear
later.

What's the best way to handle this situation?  Delete and re-create?
Watch it and re-create when it does disappear?
There's no way to "hand over" responsibility for an ephemeral znode, right?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com