i second ted's proposals! thanx ted.

there is one other option. when you create the ZooKeeper object you can pass a session id and password. your bounced server can actually reattach to the session. (that is why we put that constructor in.) to use it you need to save the session id and password to a persistent store (a file) when you first attach, and then when you restart read the id and password from the file.