Feel free to enter JIRA(s) if you feel strongly. I agree with Ben in the sense that I haven't heard of any use cases that require this, but a JIRA with examples might strengthen the case.

Benjamin Reed wrote:
no, you cannot watch for ACL changes. it is one of the API/implementation simplifications we did since we didn't have a good use case for it.

it does seem a little bit weird. we are following file system semantics here. i guess for ultimate security only clients with admin permission would be able to see an ACL.