Hi Li, when you say 17 threads reading a znode, do you mean that you have 17 threads each creating a session and using that session to read a znode? If so it's probably due to this:

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_advancedConfiguration

see the parameter "maxClientCnxns", this defaults to 10. Try setting the value to 0 (no limit) in your server config, restart server, and see if that helps.

Patrick

li li wrote:
Dear developer,
  when I use the zookeeper in a cluster of two machine.I find problem when I
make the over 17 threads read data in one znode.
I will get the err info as follows.I will be greatly appreciated  if you can
tell the reason why this happy.

2010-03-31 17:46:59,718 - WARN  [main-SendThread:clientcnxn$sendthr...@967]
- Exception closing session 0x0 to sun.nio.ch.selectionkeyi...@3a953a95
java.io.IOException: Read error rc = -1 java.nio.DirectByteBuffer[pos=0
lim=4 cap=4]
 at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.doIO(ClientCnxn.java:701)
 at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:945)
2010-03-31 17:46:59,734 - WARN  [main-SendThread:clientcnxn$sendthr...@967]
- Exception closing session 0x0 to sun.nio.ch.selectionkeyi...@3dce3dce
java.io.IOException: Read error rc = -1 java.nio.DirectByteBuffer[pos=0
lim=4 cap=4]
 at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.doIO(ClientCnxn.java:701)
 at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:945)

I am looking forward  your reply.Thanks for your reading