Hi Ted,

We want the application that embeds the ZK server to be running even after
the ZK server is shutdown. So we don't want to restart the application.
Also, we prefer not to use zkServer.sh/zkServer.cmd because these are OS
dependent (our application will run on Win as well as Linux). Instead, we
thought that calling QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun() and
QuorumPeerMain.shutdown() will suffice to start and shutdown a ZK server and
we won't have to worry about checking the OS.

Is there way to cleanly shutdown the ZK server (by invoking ZK server API)
when it is embedded in the application without actually restarting the
application process?
Thanks.