I don't think that zk is hard to get right.

What is hard is to layer a very different model on top of ZK that changes
the semantics significantly and that that translation right.

One of the very cool things about ZK is how easy it is to write correct
code.  I know that Ben and co put a lot of thought into making sure that the
API would encourage correct behavior.

I am very sorry if my words suggest anything different.