charity, do you mind going through your scenario again to give a timeline for the failure? i'm a bit confused as to what happened.

ben

On 06/02/2010 01:32 PM, Charity Majors wrote:
Thanks.  That worked for me.  I'm a little confused about why it threw the
entire cluster into an unusable state, though.

I said before that we restarted all three nodes, but tracing back, we actually
didn't.  The zookeeper cluster was refusing all connections until we restarted
node one.  But once node one had been dropped from the cluster, the other two
nodes formed a quorum and started responding to queries on their own.

Is that expected as well?  I didn't see it in ZOOKEEPER-335, so thought I'd
mention it.