发件人: Erik Test [mailto:erik.shi...@gmail.com]
发送时间: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:05 AM
收件人: zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org
主题: Starting zookeeper in replicated mode

Hi All,

I'm having a problem with installing zookeeper on a cluster with 6 nodes in
replicated mode. I was able to install and run zookeeper in standalone mode
but I'm unable to run zookeeper in replicated mode.

I've added a list of servers in zoo.cfg as suggested by the ZooKeeper
Getting Started Guide but I get these logs displayed to screen:

*[r...@master1 bin]# ./zkServer.sh start
JMX enabled by default
Using config: /root/zookeeper-3.2.2/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
Starting zookeeper ...
STARTED
[r...@master1 bin]# 2010-06-21 12:25:23,738 - INFO
[main:quorumpeercon...@80] - Reading configuration from:
/root/zookeeper-3.2.2/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
2010-06-21 12:25:23,743 - INFO  [main:quorumpeercon...@232] - Defaulting to
majority quorums
2010-06-21 12:25:23,745 - FATAL [main:quorumpeerm...@82] - Invalid config,
exiting abnormally
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig$ConfigException: Error
processing /root/zookeeper-3.2.2/bin/../conf/zoo.cfg
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig.parse(QuorumPeerConfig.java:100)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.initializeAndRun(QuorumPeerMain.java:98)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerMain.main(QuorumPeerMain.java:75)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: /var/zookeeper/myid file is
missing
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig.parseProperties(QuorumPeerConfig.java:238)
        at
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig.parse(QuorumPeerConfig.java:96)
        ... 2 more
Invalid config, exiting abnormally*

And here is my config file:
*
# The number of milliseconds of each tick
tickTime=2000
# The number of ticks that the initial
# synchronization phase can take
initLimit=5
# The number of ticks that can pass between
# sending a request and getting an acknowledgement
syncLimit=2
# the directory where the snapshot is stored.
dataDir=/var/zookeeper
# the port at which the clients will connect
clientPort=2181
server.1=master1:2888:3888
server.2=slave2:2888:3888
server.3=slave3:2888:3888
*
I'm a little confused as to why this doesn't work and I haven't had any luck
finding answers to some questions I have.

Am I supposed to have an instance of ZooKeeper on each node started before
running in replication mode? Should I have each node that will be running ZK
listed in the config file? Should I be using an IP address to point to a
server instead of a hostname?

Thanks for your time.
Erik