If you want to simulate expiration use the example I sent.

http://github.com/phunt/zkexamples

Another option is to use a mock.

Patrick

On 07/06/2010 05:42 PM, Jeremy Davis wrote:
Thanks!
That seems to work, but it is approximately the same as zooKeeper.close() in
that there is no SessionExpired event that comes up through the default
Watcher.
Maybe I'm assuming more from ZK than I should, but should a paranoid lock
implementation periodically test it's session by reading or writing a value?

Regards,
-JD