HI Lakshman,
  The ping requests are also queued up. They are not answered immediately.
They go through the request queue and make sure that the server is
functioning properly.

Is there any chance of under provisioning on the server side? The high
latencies are usually a sign of Garbage collection or slow disk writes. Is
there any chance that the servers might be having problems with any one of

Please take a look at:

To see if you might get some help with trouble shooting. Please feel to
create a jira where you can post the logs, so that we can take a look at it
in case you are not able to pinpoint the problem.