Thomas -

I like the ideas of your proposal, it seems very natural to use
Callable/Future for zk operations rather than something with more
opaque semantics (does this method block? etc.). Let's discuss this
more, I'd be more than happy to help out.

We're still using 3.2.1 so I'll probably have to fix zkclient when we
upgrade in the near future.

.. Adam