Cool. I've only tried the single node server so far. I didn't know it could
sync from other senior servers.

Server/Cluster addresses: I read somewhere in the docs/todo list that the
bootstrap server list for the clients should be the same. So, what happens
when a new replacement server has to be brought in on a different
IP/hostname? Do the older clients autodetect the new server or is this even
supported? I suppose not.

Log files: I have absolutely no confusion between ZK and databases (very
tempting tho'), but running ZK servers without log files does not seem
unusual. Especially since you said new servers can sync directly from senior
servers without relying on log files. In that case, I'm curious to see what
happens if you just redirect log files to /dev/null. Anyone tried this?

Ashwin Jayaprakash.
Sent from the zookeeper-user mailing list archive at