Depending on what a user needs to see, you can also have parallel structures
and select a cluster based on user number.

Your insistence on guarantees is worrisome, though.  As much as I like ZK, I
like getting rid of hard consistency requirements even more.  As I tend to
put it, the cost of "NOW" increases very rapidly with diameter of the "NOW"
that you are buying.  If you can avoid buying anything but very small "NOW"s
you will be much, much better off.