Hi Mahadev,

Sorry for the delay in replying:  I have been away.

I have rebuilt my debian lenny machine, and started again.

Again, I have the same problem:

~/zookeeper-3.3.1/src/c$ make run-check
make  zktest-st zktest-mt
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/martin/zookeeper-3.3.1/src/c'
make[1]: `zktest-st' is up to date.
make[1]: `zktest-mt' is up to date.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/martin/zookeeper-3.3.1/src/c'
./zktest-st
./tests/zkServer.sh: line 52: kill: (9432) - No such process
 ZooKeeper server startedRunning
Zookeeper_operations::testPing : elapsed 1 : OK
Zookeeper_operations::testTimeoutCausedByWatches1 : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_operations::testTimeoutCausedByWatches2 : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_operations::testOperationsAndDisconnectConcurrently1 : elapsed 1 :
OK
Zookeeper_operations::testOperationsAndDisconnectConcurrently2 : elapsed 0 :
OK
Zookeeper_operations::testConcurrentOperations1 : elapsed 203 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testBasic : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testAddressResolution : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testMultipleAddressResolution : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testNullAddressString : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testEmptyAddressString : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testOneSpaceAddressString : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testTwoSpacesAddressString : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testInvalidAddressString1 : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testInvalidAddressString2 : elapsed 1 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testNonexistentHost : elapsed 1 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testOutOfMemory_init : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testOutOfMemory_getaddrs1 : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testOutOfMemory_getaddrs2 : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_init::testPermuteAddrsList : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_close::testCloseUnconnected : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_close::testCloseUnconnected1 : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_close::testCloseConnected1 : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_close::testCloseFromWatcher1 : elapsed 0 : OK
Zookeeper_simpleSystem::testAsyncWatcherAutoResetterminate called after
throwing an instance of 'CppUnit::Exception'
  what():  equality assertion failed
- Expected: -101
- Actual  : -4

make: *** [run-check] Aborted

I have checked for a stale zk process:  there are none.

Any ideas please ?

regards,
Martin