Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the hints.

1) I cannot find any ZK server logs.  I have no tmp directory inside build
directory.  This sounds bad.

2) I have run "ps -ef | grep zoo".   There are no zk processes running.

I wonder if I have missed some steps.

So far I have:

   1. built a new debian lenny host
   2. sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool libcppunit-dev sun-java6-jdk ant
   3. tar zxf zookeeper-3.3.1.tar.gz
   4. cd zookeeper-3.3.1
   5. ant compile_jute
   6. cd src/c
   7. autoreconf -if
   8. ./configure
   9. make run-check

Do I have to do something before building the client code to install the ZK
server code, or will it use the one in the unpacked tarball ?

regards,
Martin