zookeeper takes care of reregistering all watchers on reconnect. you don't need to do anything.

ben

On 08/16/2010 09:04 AM, Qian Ye wrote:
Hi all:

Will the watchers of a client be losed when the client disconnects from a
Zookeeper server? It is said at
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperProgrammers.html#ch_zkWatchesthat
"
*When a client reconnects, any previously registered watches will be
reregistered and triggered if needed. In general this all occurs
transparently.*" It means that we need not to do any extra things about
watchers if a client disconnected from Zookeeper server A, and reconnect to
Zookeeper server B, doesn't it? Or I should reregistered all the watchers if
this kind of reconnection happened?

thx~